Ourco builds technologies, services, and products that enable people to engage in education, civic enterprise, grow communities, and businesses.
MINORS AGE 13 OR BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 18 WILL BE ASKED TO HAVE THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN READ THE TERMS AND ENTER THEIR PARENT’S OR GUARDIAN’S EMAIL ADDRESS TO RECEIVE HIS OR HER CONSENT TO REGISTER. Once a parent or guardian receives the email, they may click a link that shows a List View of the content that minors will see, and may choose to consent or deny the minor access via the button on the page. Minors will receive an email when a parent or guardian has given them consent and can then register. Once a minor is registered, they can use Ourco. New content posts will trigger passive consent emails, and a Parent or Guardian can opt out of the minor using the service through the Ourco portal in their account/demographic settings.
3. Modifications to the Terms. Ourco may modify these General Terms for its Products at any time by posting a revised version on this website, mobile application, or otherwise providing notice to Participants. Changes are effective on the date posted. Participant’s continued use of the Products after the effective date of any modification(s) is acceptance of these modified General Terms. Participant agrees and acknowledges that Ourco is entitled to change, improve or discontinue any of its Products at its sole discretion and without notice to Participants, and any new Products (i.e. tools, resources and others) shall be subject to these General Terms. It is the Participants’ responsibility to periodically review the General Terms to stay informed of updates. Participant grants Ourco permission to download and install updates to the Products where available.
4. Prohibited Uses. The following uses of Ourco are prohibited. Participant(s) and any others accessing Ourco shall not use automated systems or software to:
Participant or any other accessing Ourco may be subject to civil, criminal and/or other penalties, fines or sanctions if they engages in or assists another to engage in a prohibited use of the Products.
5. Eligibility. Each Participant is limited to one account per natural person, Entity defined as a group, entity, government entity, organization, or business, and no account password or personal or entity account shall be shared with anyone else. Ourco may cancel or suspend access to the Products if Participant shares his or its login credentials or otherwise violates Ourco policies.
7. Account Types. Ourco offers Personal Accounts (“PA”) to individual natural persons, and Entity Accounts (“EA”) to organizations. Entity accounts agree to additional terms and are limited in the content they can see.
8. Account Rules. Ourco’s Products are widely available, but that availability is subject to some restrictions. If you are age thirteen (13) or between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18), a parent or legal guardian must provide active consent, and you represent that a parent or legal guardian has read and also agrees to this Agreement on your behalf.
9. Supporting the Ourco Community. We use advanced technologies to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct towards others, and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action which may include removing content, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement or other action.
We are committed to offering the best Products and regularly research to develop, test, and improve them. We analyze the data we have about Participants and Product(s) use, and may conduct surveys, test, and troubleshoot new features.
10. Participant Rules of Engagement. Participant may not use our Products to do or share anything that violates these General Terms and shall not engage in activity that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, harassing, or fraudulent, or that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights. Further, we have the right to remove or restrict access to content that violates these provisions.
11. Privacy and preferences. Ourco is committed to enabling civic engagement and provide Products relevant to Participant interests. The Products require processing data about you and other Participants, and you agree with our practices. By default, you may receive notifications from Ourco about posts from Participants. You may also opt in to various topics for which you will then receive notifications. You can change your messages preferences and opt-in community notification settings here.
We provide subscribers to EA with reports that contain insights about civic engagement, community and business growth. With your consent, we use your de-anonymized personal data to create insights and feedback to encourage civic engagement, community building, and business growth.
12. Ourco Content. The Products are intended for your personal, noncommercial use unless otherwise agreed to in a separate written agreement. All materials published or available including, but not limited to text, photographs, images, illustrations, designs, audio clips, video clips, “look and feel,” compilations, aggregations, coordination and enhancement of Content, metadata, or data are also known as the “Content”. Ourco Products and Content are protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, database rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual or proprietary rights therein pursuant to U.S. and international laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display (including framing and inline linking), communicate to the public or in any way exploit, any of the Content or the Products in whole or in part. Certain Content is written by our team of professional researchers, writers, and analysts, and certain Content is owned or controlled by the party credited as the provider of the Content. For that Content owned or controlled by the party credited as the provider of the Content, Ourco will not be liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any such Content, or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or for any damages arising therefrom. Unless otherwise stated Ourco does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.
You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Products.
You may download or copy the Content for your personal use only unless otherwise agreed to in writing, and you shall maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Ourco or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content.
You agree that you will not provide us with any of Your Content that you don’t have the right to publish, or that is defamatory, infringing, illegal or otherwise tortious and/or harassing. We can remove Your Content posted by you, suspend, delete or deactivate your account or limit privileges, or otherwise refuse service to you, if you violate these General Terms or our other policies, or infringe intellectual property, or otherwise engage in behavior that we think harms Ourco.
We welcome you to share any feedback, suggestions, or ideas you have about Ourco, and you agree that we are free to use any feedback that you voluntarily provide with no restriction or obligation to you. We are not obligated to respond.
You agree to abide by certain rules and acknowledge the following regarding Your Content.
You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account. Once voting occurs, you will not be able to delete your voting history from your profile, but you may be able to hide or change it. You can download a copy of your data at any time before deleting your account. Once you delete your account, Your Content is no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems and the license of Your Content will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
Your Content may continue to exist if:
14. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Ourco violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Ourco at 215 W 90th Street, #14C, New York, NY 10024. Ourco will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
15. No Warranty. OURCO AND THE ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS AND/OR “AS AVAILABLE.” OURCO DOES NOT PROMISE THAT ANY ASPECT OF OUR PRODUCTS WILL WORK PROPERLY OR CONTINUOUSLY AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Participant acknowledges that it downloads Content, uploads Your Content, or uses Products at its own risk. Ourco does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Product by any user, information provider or any other person, automated presence, or entity. Participant acknowledges that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at its sole risk.
16. Indemnity. If a claim is made against Ourco (whether against the company or any of its employees, directors, or officers) arising out of any action by Participant, Participant agrees to reimburse us for any costs we incur in defending against that claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees as well as damages.
17. Liability Limits. OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. OURCO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OURCO, INCLUDING THE OURCO PRODUCTS AND CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF THEM, OR THESE TERMS. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE OURCO PRODUCTS WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
18. Termination. Ourco may terminate Participant access to all or any part of the Products at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately.
No Relationship. No agency, partnership, joint venture, joint controllership, employment or franchise relationship is created by these General Terms. No third-party beneficiary rights are conferred or granted. All of our rights and obligations under these General Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a change of ownership, merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
No Waiver of Action. Ourco’s failure to act or delay in enforcing a provision(s) under these General Terms does not waive its right to do so later.
No Restricted Parties. Participant represents and warrants that he/it is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S embargo or has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country or listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Severability. If any of these General Terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the other provisions of the Terms.
Governing law. The General Terms and any claims relating to its subject matter will be governed by and construed under the laws of New York, without reference to its conflicts of law principles. All disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the Southern District of New York or the state courts within Manhattan County, and Customer submits to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (where enacted) will not apply to the General Terms. Either party must initiate a cause of action for any claim(s) relating to Ourco and its subject matter within one year from the date when the party knew, or should have known after reasonable investigation, of the facts giving rise to the claim(s).
No Assignment. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these General Terms without written consent by Ourco.
Not Legal Advice. Nothing on Ourco should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a legal opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of law. Ourco is not providing legal advice, is not your attorney, and therefore, the Products and Content are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. Ourco Products and Content should not be relied upon as such. No one connected to Ourco can take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information or disinformation presented on this web site. You should contact your own legal counsel with respect to any particular issue or problem raised if you require such advice.
Rights Reservation. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Legacy Account Rules. Account(s) may be memorialized upon proper notice of death or incapacity. Participant may designate a person to manage his Ourco account (“Delegee”) if Participant is unable to so manage by reason of death or incapacity. Evidence of clear consent granted to your Delegee to manage your Ourco account must be provided to Ourco via such proof as a valid will or similar document acceptable to Ourco showing such consent after the account is in memorialized status.
Entire Agreement. These General Terms constitute the entire general agreement between Participant and Ourco.
Participant acknowledges they have read and are bound by the General Terms.